Receive over 100% of your Daily Values for vitamins A, C, K, and tryptophan when you enjoy this easy-to-prepare and delicious lamb dish. The blended spices of garam masala give it a distinct taste of India that is flavorful, yet not too spicy.
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
* ½ lb ground or minced lamb shoulder or leg
* 1 medium sized onion quartered and sliced thin
* 2 TBS minced fresh ginger
* 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
* 1 tsp garam masala*
* 5 cups finely chopped kale
* 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes (about 1 large potato)
* 1 cup + 1 TBS chicken broth
* salt and white pepper to taste
* *Garam marsala can be found in the spice section of your favorite market.
1. Prepare all the vegetables by chopping and have ready.
2. Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium stainless steel large size braising pot or skillet. Healthy Sauté onion, garlic, ginger and lamb in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add garam masala, mixing well for about half a minute. Add 1 cup broth and stir in sweet potatoes and kale. Simmer on medium low heat covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until lamb, potatoes and kale are tender. Season with salt and pepper Serves 4 Serving Suggestions: Serve with
* Marinated Beets